Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cinnamon Bread French Toast.

The first time I made french toast was a complete disaster. The recipe had called for flour and the end result was not pretty and left me nearly in tears in because I couldn't make a simple thing like french toast

This weekend I was determined to prove myself wrong, so, with a hungry boyfriend and a loaf of fresh-baked cinnamon bread, I tried again.
Victory!

French Toast

Printable Recipe

2/3 cup milk
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
A dash of nutmeg
2 tablespoons honey, warmed in the microwave for 30 seconds
1 1/2 tablespoons butter for melting
Bread slices

Whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt with a fork.

Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat.

Dunk each slice of bread in the egg mixture on both sides before you add the bread to the frying pan. Cook until golden brown and then flip it. Let the other side cook until golden brown.

Source: Adapted from Alton Brown.