Saturday, March 5, 2011

Snickerdoodle Blondies.

Earlier this week I made snickerdoodles. Then a few days later I made something even better:  snickerdoodle blondies. 
Which is really saying something because snickerdoodles are one of my least favorite cookies.

But these. These smelled amazing while they were baking, like coffee cake and cinnamon rolls. And they tasted exactly like a cakey snickerdoodle, with a flaky, crackly cinnamon-sugar crust on top that made me want to do dangerous things. 

Like serve it warm. 

For dinner.

With a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
... and maybe some caramel sauce.

Snickerdoodle Blondies

Printable Recipe

2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan lightly with cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fittted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and stopping to scrape the bowl as necessary. Beat in the vanilla.

With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture, beating just until combined. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking pan and spread in an even layer. Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.

Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the surface of the blondies spring back when gently pressed. Remove the pan to a wire rack and let the blondies cool completely before cutting.

Source: Brown Eyed Baker.

13 comments:

  1. I love this idea (even eating it for dinner!) - the caramel sauce would add a nice punch of sweetness and flavour, good choice! I have currently been on a caramel craving and have posted a few things on my blog that you might like http://tickle-your-tastebuds.blogspot.com/2011/02/butterscotch-squares.html , and , http://tickle-your-tastebuds.blogspot.com/2011/02/sticky-toffee-pudding.html

    I have my own recipe of snickerdoodles but these look (don't tell the publisher!) even better! I am definately trying these ones first! I'll tell you when I have made them!

    I'll visit again soon!

    Cheers,
    Yasmin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! Unlike you, snickerdoodles are my favorite cookie, so I KNOW I'd love these. I'm sad because I have all the ingredients, but I don't have a mixer. I'll have to wait to make this until I go visit my parents. Argh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these already after seeing them on the Recipe Girl blog, but you are tempting me to make them again! They were so good! I used cinnamon chips in them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually when I find a recipe that looks good, I bookmark it and try to remember to make it, as I said try. With this one, I took it directly to my kitchen and made it. My sons were thrilled that I did, and so was I. I really am not a sweets eater, and usually steer away from desserts, but this was awesome and will remain in the rotation! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, I'm drooling! Wow wow wow!!! Totally would be delicious with vanilla ice cream!

    Great blog; happy I found you!

    Mary xo
    Delightful Bitefuls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, my family absolutely loves these blondies. They can't get enough of them and always request that I make more than one batch. Yours look fantastic. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog until Monday night and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your blondies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are absolutely fabulous. I have also added one cup of Cinnamon chips into the bars. Another pop of Cinnamon. Easy and taste great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea too! It is the best of all possible cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a big fan of snickerdoodle cookies either, but these blondies on the other hand... Marking to make some day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm..I love snickerdoodle cookies! These look incredable...Adding these to my must make list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. first of all - snickerdoodle blondies - perfection. but you photos! makes me want to lick my computer screen. yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never attempted to make or even eat a blondie ever in my entire life (as a die-hard brownie fan, I felt blondies were somehow wrong). I also don't really like snickerdoodle cookies. But these looked too good to pass up so I made them for the campus coffee shop I work at, and I, along with my fellow employees and even boss who was sneaking pieces off while I was letting them cool, absolutely LOVED them! thanks for the great recipe, it was a hit! Reading your blog is one of my favorite activities... so many great photos to look at and recipes to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I usually only make cookies from scratch but when I saw these I knew I had to whip them up.

    They were so good!
    I made mine vegan though, but they still came out amazing. They taste like coffee cake.

    ReplyDelete