Wednesday, August 1, 2012

XXL Buttery Soft Chocolate Chip M&M Cookie... for one.

A chocolate chip cookie the size of my face? Full of M&Ms? Why would I want that?

Said no one ever.


Being an adult during the summer sometimes feels like a trade-off and I can't decide if I'm into it. There's no summer camp, for one. No inter-cabin pillow fights or late-night games of Capture the Flag. No Mega Relays (did anyone else go to Centrifuge?). No smuggling in Oreos and gummy bears and CosmoGirl magazines. Definitely no classes devoted entirely to friendship bracelets. 

There are, however, margaritas.


There's no three months of nothing but sunshine, sleeping in, beach trips, and boytalk. There's just... work. And laundry. And making to-do lists that never quite seem to get everything crossed off.

Which means we're going places and being something! Think positive! 

There's no sleepover parties. No hot summer nights of nail polish, lip gloss, scary movies, and cookie dough.

But now we can have boys in our room!

And am I the only one misses back to school shopping? New notebooks, new binders, new shoes. Bouquets of newly sharpened pencils.

... if you get this reference, we're definitely friends.

But! Now we can drive ourselves to the mall and buy totally unimportant/important things without having to justify (most of the time) where all that money went. 

Like on neon coral nail polish and summer dresses and seventeen iced coffees. #summerpriorities

Okay fine. So being an adult during summertime isn't so bad. I'll never not wish I wasn't at summer camp, but I'm old enough to watch True Blood, I can eat kettlecorn for dinner, my parents would so never have let me seen Magic Mike, and I can stay out as late as I want. Except... I don't. Because there's work in the morning. But after work there's margaritas and giant cookies.

Which, P.S., I think you need in your life.

XXL Buttery Soft Chocolate Chip M&M Cookie... for one

Printable Recipe 

2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons beaten egg
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup M&Ms

Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, beat softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with a spoon until well combined. Add egg and vanilla; mix to combine. Add flour, baking soda, and salt and stir to combine. Fold in chocolate chips and M&Ms.

Scoop onto baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, until baked through. Let cool 10 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cool completely.

Makes 1 giant cookie.

Source: Picky Palate.