Friday, September 17, 2010

Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bites.

Every Christmas, my dad makes his legendary peanut butter cup treats... peanut butter cookies baked bite-size with a Reese's cup in the middle. And if I have it my way, he bakes them wearing a Santa Claus apron, because it's festive and it makes me giggle.
They're tradition. 

And addicting. 

But I was feeling a little rebellious today, which for this particular baker means I just couldn't make up my mind between peanut butter cookies and brownies. And since I was in no mood to make a decision, this happened:
Sometimes you shouldn't have to choose. 

Unless it's which one to eat first.  

The peanut butter cookie base is still my favorite, but the rich chocolate brownie base was bite-size heaven. 

I'll post the recipe for the peanut butter cup cookie treats in a few days. For now, it's after 1 AM and I have no idea why I'm still awake, let alone why I was baking muffins less than an hour ago.

Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bites

Printable Recipe

1 box of brownie mix (I used Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix)
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 bag of Reese's peanut butter cups

Preheat oven to 325°F.

Grease a mini-muffin sheet and set aside.

Prepare brownie mix according to box.

Using a cookie scoop, fill muffin tins about 2/3 of the way fill. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until brownies are done. Immediately press a peanut butter cup into the center of the brownies. Allow to cool in pan before removing.

Makes 30 brownie bites.

Source: Adapted from Savory Sweet Life.

6 comments:

  1. Yup! HAVE TO MAKE THESE!!! Sooo yummy and mini...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look SO good! I love anything that I came in my mini-muffin pan...I am a portion-control kind of gal. And peanut butter cups and brownies are my two favorite treats. So this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing, love your blog, the great pics and recipes... i made the brownie bites today yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh u must post the other recipe, the cookie one, im in agony just looking at that picture! pls, purty pls!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try it with the caramel filled cups - I get them at Walmart. Or use rolos. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete