Friday, September 17, 2010

Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bites.

Every Christmas, my dad makes his legendary peanut butter cup treats... peanut butter cookies baked bite-size with a Reese's cup in the middle. And if I have it my way, he bakes them wearing a Santa Claus apron, because it's festive and it makes me giggle.
They're tradition. 

And addicting. 

But I was feeling a little rebellious today, which for this particular baker means I just couldn't make up my mind between peanut butter cookies and brownies. And since I was in no mood to make a decision, this happened:
Sometimes you shouldn't have to choose. 

Unless it's which one to eat first.  

The peanut butter cookie base is still my favorite, but the rich chocolate brownie base was bite-size heaven. 

I'll post the recipe for the peanut butter cup cookie treats in a few days. For now, it's after 1 AM and I have no idea why I'm still awake, let alone why I was baking muffins less than an hour ago.

Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bites

Printable Recipe

1 box of brownie mix (I used Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix)
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 bag of Reese's peanut butter cups

Preheat oven to 325°F.

Grease a mini-muffin sheet and set aside.

Prepare brownie mix according to box.

Using a cookie scoop, fill muffin tins about 2/3 of the way fill. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until brownies are done. Immediately press a peanut butter cup into the center of the brownies. Allow to cool in pan before removing.

Makes 30 brownie bites.

Source: Adapted from Savory Sweet Life.