Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Peanut Butter Cup Treats.

Earlier this week I got lost in San Francisco.

Not the I-took-a-wrong-turn kind of lost. The I'm-not-even-supposed-to-be-in-this-city sort of lost. 

The only thing that kept me from completely melting down on the Bay Bridge was knowing I had a tray of peanut butter cup cookies in the backseat in case I was really and truly stranded in this city of one-way streets, impossible parking, and suicidal pedestrians darting in front of my car on their bikes and skateboards.

That and having my boyfriend on speakerphone, Google-Earthing me out of this terrifying city. 

Turn-By-Turn Boyfriend. The most handsome app ever.
These bite-size peanut butter cookies with a chocolatey Reese's cup center are one of my family's Christmas favorites. I plan on gaining at least five pounds every December thanks to these (and my addiction to all things chocolatey-peanut butter). And since they're baked in mini-muffin tins, they couldn't be easier to make.  They're perfect for parties.

Or breakfast. 

... or getting lost in big cities. 

Peanut Butter Cup Treats

Printable Recipe

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar 
1 egg
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla 
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
About 1 bag of miniature peanut butter cups
Combine butter, sugars, egg, peanut butter, and vanilla in mixing bowl; beat until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture. Cover dough and chill. (I chilled my dough for about half an hour).

Preheat oven to 375°F.

When cold enough to handle easily, roll in small (walnut-sized) balls; place each ball in greased miniature muffin tin. Bake for 8-9 minutes.

Remove from oven; gently press one peanut butter cup into each cookie. Cool in pan at least 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on rack. Store in a cool place until serving time.

Makes about three dozen cookies.
Source: Taste of Home Best Loved Cookies & Bars, January 2008.

14 comments:

  1. OMG!! This sound sooo good!! Even better than the cookies with the hershey kiss in them!! Def. bookmarking this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love putting chocolate Hershey kisses on my peanut butter cookies, I've never thought of trying it with a peanut butter cup. I love this rendition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds awesome! I need a peanut butter cup on my cookies! Thanks for the recipe (and the extra 5 pounds). I am definitely making these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute little cookie! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are my favorite!! my friends mom makes them and fills them with chocolate icing too! SOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look amazing and i definitely want to try our the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peanut butter cups are my favorite! In a cookie... even better!
    I'm from SF and have had my own moments of "lostness". It sure can be scary, can't it? Glad you made it through ok! Hope you get to return sometime for a more pleasant visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look so amazingly decadent and delicious! I love peanut buttery desserts :) My co-blogger recently made peanut butter bars with chocolate ganache and they were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, i have to try these...one Q - ive noticed uve used the same amt of sugar in this recipe as for a standard cookie dough recipe - doesnt that make this cookie very sweet? considering how sweet and salty the cups themselves are...?

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh also, do u have to use the creamy peanut butter? have u ever tried without any p. butter? just a regular cookie dough and a cup in the middle?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! My family makes these as well, and I have to add: put chocolate chips in your dough. Yeah, it's amazing. I promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I make these with white chocolate pb cups. I've always wrapped the dough around the cups by hand. I've never thought to just stick'em in after.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made this recipe last year and it was wonderful. I made it again this year and doubled it. Turned out horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made these tonight for the first time... everything went well and they are SUPER DE DOOPER DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete