Friday, February 11, 2011

Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles.

This Valentine's Day, I attempted to use my new Wilton candy molds to make fancypants heart-shaped truffles and chocolate-covered Oreos. I bought candy melts in all the proper colors (red, pink, white, and dark chocolate), whipped up three different truffle fillings (peanut butter pretzel, chocolate mocha, and chocolate almond), and got to work.

I'm hoping practice makes perfect because the results were not pretty. The candy melts would melt and the squeeze bottles wouldn't squeeze and an hour later, I'd only manage to make 6 Oreos and explode red chocolate all over the kitchen.

Needless to say... I gave up soon after that. Which worked in my favor, because then these happened.
Peanut butter pretzel truffles. They're addictive. They taste like a crunchy peanut butter cup. 

I don't know if you know this, but I love peanut butter cups

Make them this Valentine's Day if you need something fast, easy, and stress-free that doesn't involve exploding chocolate everywhere.

Also: It's my birthday! I'm 24! 

Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles


1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup crushed pretzels 
Dark chocolate candy melts (or chocolate chips) 

Crush pretzels and mix in a small bowl with the peanut butter. Refrigererate for 20-30 minutes or until set enough to easily roll into balls.

Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Roll peanut butter into 1-inch balls and set on baking sheet. Freeze until hard. 

Melt chocolate and dip the peanut butter balls in chocolate, shaking off the excess chocolate.. Set on wax paper and return to freezer until set.

Source: How Sweet It Is