Thursday, January 20, 2011

Marbled Chocolate Chip Cookies.

 I'm really excited about this post.
This is the first recipe that I've pulled completely out of my own head. And by "completely out of my own head" I mean I took my recipes for chocolate chip cookies and chocolate-chocolate chip cookies and swirled them together as one. It's the little things in life.

Best decision ever.
Also... a couple of blog changes! I added links over the weekend to printer-friendly recipes for all my posts to make it easier to bake without lugging a laptop around. I hope everyone finds this helpful.

And a second, more exciting change... I now have a Facebook page! I figure my friends will appreciate my not updating my status every time I'm in the kitchen inventing cookies or running out of vanilla (yesterday). Plus it'll be easier to share updates, new posts, ideas and links, things like that. Don't be shy!





Marbled Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
1 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Chocolate Cookie Dough
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.

For chocolate chip cookie dough, combine the shortening, sugars, eggs, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir flour, baking soda, and salt with a whisk or fork and add in batches to the creamed mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl when needed. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.

For the chocolate cookie dough, cream the softened butter and sugars together. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking with a whisk or fork until combined and add in batches to the creamed mixture until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. 

Take a 1/2 tablespoon of each (or more, depending on how big you want these) and press together. Gently roll it into a ball until it looks like this:
Bake for 11-13 minutes, let cool for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!

Source: A Bakergirl original.