Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits.

Two words: Make these.
If you've ever been to Red Lobster, you know exactly what I'm talking about: their endless supply of baskets full of piping hot, bursting-with-cheddar-cheese biscuits. They're soft, they melt in your mouth, they're brushed with melted butter and garlic... and they're addicting. 
Cheddar bay biscuits. They're world famous. They even have their own Facebook page.

In what world does a biscuit have a Facebook page

Our family's been using this recipe for years and they taste almost the same as the ones from the restaurant. They couldn't be any easier to make. Enjoy!

Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Printable Recipe

Biscuits
2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
3/4 cup cold whole milk
4 tablespoons cold butter
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 heaping cup grated sharp cheddar cheese

For brushing on top...
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
A pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 400°F.

Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or fork. You don't want to mix it too thoroughly... just until there are small chunks of butter about the size of peas.

Add cheddar cheese, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. Mix by hand until combined, without over-mixing.

Drop dough in approximately 1/4 cup mounds onto an ungreased baking sheet. An ice cream scoop works best. They don't have to be perfect!
Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.

When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter and stir in the 1/4 teaspoon of parsley flakes, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, and pinch of salt. Brush over the tops of the warm biscuits, using up all of the butter. 
See? Imperfection. Makes about a dozen biscuits.

Source: Unknown. 

14 comments:

  1. I went to Red Lobster recently just to get these biscuits. I've been meaning to try to recreate them at home, so this is perfect! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moley--definitely making these this wknd. We're taking food to friends who just had a baby so this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make those all the time...my kids love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! My daughter went to Red Lobster (where she never goes) the other night and brought home four of these biscuits. I served them tonight with dinner with a ham I made. Now I have a recipe to make them :) Delightful visiting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I made these last week (a similar recipe) and ate about 5 in one sitting. Drooool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these biscuits, they are the only reason I let my boyfriend drag me there! So delicious and salty! Thanks for cracking the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. droooooool, my favorite part of red lobster. I do something sick which is dip them in ranch...I should be spanked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for visiting my blog and being so kind as to leave a comment. The biscuits look yummy. Will come back to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome, look greats, make me hungry :D i love Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits

    ReplyDelete
  10. The biscuits were lovely. Unfortunately the bottom of them were very burnt and the tops were barely golden. I used a high quality Wilton cookie sheet. Next time I will cook at 325.

    ReplyDelete
  11. they would be the only cause I allow my boyfriend drag me there! So delicious and salty
    What can we do when we have many boring free time? How about try to get access to the online games? When we talk about the game, we need to talk about the WOW Gold. As the WOW is the world's most famous online game,all of us knows that we have to get the Cheap RS Gold to save money !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the recipe, plan to make these tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These were great but next time I would make a few changes. I would add at least another 1/2 cup of cheese. You could not taste the cheese with even 1 heaping cup of shard cheddar cheese. And I didnt know if to use salted or unsalted butter b/c the recipe didnt say so I went with unsalted. You could not taste the butter at all so next time I will use salted. And the brushing on top fell a bit short so I will add more butter to that too next time. Other than that they were great! Making them again on thursday for a party and cant wait! Thanks for the recipe:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and cook it at 375 degrees in stead

      Delete