Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursday Things.

1. I just bought 4 pounds of the prettiest, juiciest strawberries.
Because I love strawberries. And because you can't eat cupcakes everyday. 

At least not for breakfast. 

2. I also bought a can of pumpkin. In April. Send help.

3. I tried to bake cinnamon donut holes for Easter. This happened.
Yeah.

Flat, cakey breakfast snickerdoodles with a flaky crust of cinnamon-sugar. 

They were delicious.

But not very pretty. Does anyone have a recipe for donut holes that don't turn into pancakes? 

3. Speaking of mishaps & snickerdoodles, I found this photo buried from last Christmas that I don't even remember taking. 
I feel bad for whoever ate that cookie. 

(It was probably me.)

Sneaky puppy.

4. I've been rereading all the Harry Potter books (again) and have watched The Deathly Hallows: Part 1 at least seventeen times by now. I have no idea what a pumpkin pasty, a treacle tart, or a cauldron cake is, but I want them all for dinner. 

With pumpkin juice.

5. ... that might explain why I bought pumpkin. 

6. I just ate a spoonful of peanut butter slathered onto a strawberry. Don't be like me.