Monday, April 25, 2011

Vanilla Cupcakes for Two.

Look! I made you cupcakes for breakfast.
Two cupcakes. 

Because sometimes you don't need a whole dozen. Sometimes you just need something fast and easy and vanilla-y to devour in one sitting, or to share with someone special, without the pressure of ten other cupcakes lying around.  

... and sometimes you just have leftover frosting.  
I don't know about you, but when I have leftover vanilla buttercream, two things can happen.

1. I eat it. With a spoon. 

Or a whisk.

Or a strawberry.

Or my fingers.

Whatever's closest. 

I might even act like I have self-control and pack it away neatly into the fridge... but that just means I'll be back later when it's cold and delicious. Like vanilla fudge. 

Or...

2. If I'm feeling particularly festive, I'll scoop a heaping spoonful of vanilla frosting between two cinnamon-sugar graham crackers, roll the edges in rainbow sprinkles, and slip into a sugar coma. This is my favorite way to eat leftover frosting (especially if it's chilled) and, in my opinion, the only reason to make sugar cookies at Christmas. 
That is, until I came across this recipe that makes just two cupcakes. How perfect is that? And they couldn't be any easier to make: one bowl, one spoon, ten minutes = two fat, fluffy vanilla cupcakes. 

It's a bit like using an Easy Bake oven.

I thought they looked naked. So I did this.
Tomorrow: a healthy recipe. Full of lots and lots of vegetables and leafy green things.

Not.

Vanilla Cupcakes for Two

Printable Recipe

1 egg white
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup flour
1/4 heaping teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons milk

Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with 2 liners.

In a bowl, add egg white and sugar and whisk until combined. Add in vanilla and melted butter and stir until mixed. Add flour, baking powder, and salt and stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Divide batter equally between the 2 cupcake liners.

Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cake is set and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Let cool completely & then frost as desired (I used leftover vanilla buttercream frosting).

Makes 2 cupcakes. 

Source: How Sweet It Is.