Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cookies and Cream Popcorn.

One of my most favorite snacks indulgences is a bowl of popcorn with M&Ms. Especially dark chocolate M&Ms. Or peanut butter. Or both. Don't make me choose. There's just something about the taste of sweet, melted chocolate with crunchy, buttery popcorn.

Or... there was.

Then this happened.
Cookies and cream popcorn.
Hot, buttery popcorn mixed with crushed Oreos and rivers of melted white chocolate. It's addicting.

And simple.

And delicious.

Make this or we can't be friends anymore. 
Cookies and Cream Popcorn

Printable Recipe

*1 bag popcorn, popped
6 ounces white chocolate candy coating
10- 15 Oreos, crushed or roughly chopped

Place the popped popcorn and Oreos in a large bowl (I poured the popcorn out on a paper towel & picked out the kernels first). Heat the white chocolate candy coating in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted and smooth.

Drizzle the white chocolate bark over the popcorn/Oreo mixture and stir to coat. Dump out on a large sheet of wax paper and spread into a single layer. Let cool and harden. Break into small pieces and serve.

*I used a butter-flavored popcorn, which is why mine looks a little yellow. Next time I'd use a white popcorn like Amy did, to make it a bit prettier and more cookies & cream-y.

19 comments:

  1. Cute post! And you're right, this looks super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does this exist!? Who would have thought of this great idea! What an indulgence!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! I think if I made this for my boyfriend he would probably propose lol!

    Sounds delicious :)

    SL
    lovelygreenlifestyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this recipe :-) Tasted my first salted/buttered/m&m'd popcorn in NYC last month and its sooo good! Can't wait to try this, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that looks delicious. I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks sinful, but so delicious! Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess what i'm making tonight? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently burnt popcorn at my school and had to have all 500 students evacuate our building & my co-workers laugh how the food blogger burns popcorn. I think I'l have to whip this up for them (at home) and bring it in, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, this looks fabulous! I love Oreos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks wonderful! im going to try this weekend. thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow!!! absolutely incredible!!

    www.cupcakesomg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just made this, and I used a lightly buttered popcorn. It tastes amazing with the butter C: Also, doubled the amount of chocolate because after just 6oz, it seemed like it wasn't holding together. Hope it hardens soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gosh. I need this in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was soooo awesome, made it tonight & it was easy to make and oh so delicious. Waiting for it to harden was the hard part!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know, I never really popcorn until I tried this recipe! What a twist on regular plain popcorn! But then, everything is better with chocolate! lol! Definitely will be making this again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks great. I adore popcorn and chocolate, imagine my delight to find a recipe that combines the two. I cannot wait to try this recipe....I know my kids will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks amazing I am featuring this on my national popcorn day post tomorrow on my blog... also new follower I found you on pinterest

    http://stayingclosetohome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Looks like a great way to enjoy popcorn different than the norm! I'm going to have to make this for my gang since we all love popcorn and find many occasions to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been looking for this recipe forever!! I used to have it at a store when I was little, Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete