Thursday, May 19, 2011

Peanut Butter Crunch S'mores Bars.

Remember when I made those better-than-crack peanut butter cup crunch brownie bars? 
These are similar. Except instead of fudgey chocolate chip brownies, the melted chocolate, crunchy peanut butter, and Rice Krispies are poured over an irresistable s'mores layer of graham crackers and ooey, gooey, toasted marshmallows. 
Also known as rich, decadent, over-the-top deliciousness.

I'll wait while you preheat your oven.
These are addicting. Like... thick-puffy-campfire-s'mores-covered-in-crispy-candy-bar addicting. 
Or fudge. Peanut butter fudge. Crispy fudge. Melt-in-your-mouth fudge.
The point is... make these. Then eat them. Then eat three more. Calories, what? They don't count on Fridays.
... I'm hungry. 

Peanut Butter Crunch S'mores Bars

Printable Recipe

7 graham crackers
2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 package (12 ounces or 2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup light corn syrup
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
3 cups Rice Krispies cereal

Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange graham crackers in a single layer in dish, breaking crackers as needed to fit.

Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over crackers. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until marshmallows are puffy. Cool completely.

In a 2-quart microwave-safe bowl (or in a medium saucepan over medium low heat), combine chocolate chips, corn syrup, and butter. Microwave on high about 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is melted, stirring every 30 seconds. If melting in a saucepan, stir constantly until melted, then remove from heat.

Stir in peanut butter, then stir in Rice Krispies until combined. Spread evenly over marshmallows.

Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm. Cut and store in an airtight container in refrigerator.

Source: Rice Krispies.
Next time? I'm adding chopped peanut butter cups on top of the marshmallows. Because everything's better with peanut butter cups.

... especially s'mores. 

I can't wait til summer.

14 comments:

  1. Just found your blog, I love it! These look delicious, and I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good! I just pinned it for future use. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing combination! My mouth is watering at the thought of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome! I would never have thought of pb in a smores recipe. They look intense in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found this post from the Brown Eyed Baker- looks delicious! And you are totally right about 2 things: calories don't count on Fridays AND everything is better with peanut butter cups:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious! I'm fairly certain I could plow through an entire pan on my own (while hiding from my children). Thanks for sharing - can't wait to try making some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trader Joe's has mini peanut butter cups that you could sprinkle on. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anything that claims to be better then crack, count me in! Ha. These sound unreeeeeal good!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow your recipe is amazing :) thanks soo much.. i hope i can make it look as good as you

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look amazing! Do you think you could make it without the corn syrup? Or will that make it too hard to spread over the marshmallow?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christy I used brown rice syrup, which I got from Whole Foods in place of the corn syrup and they turned out amazing! I also used organic brown rice krispies instead of the traditional ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look amazing but I am not a huge peanut butter fan, I was thinking about making them with nutella, which is a bit runnier than PB, do you think you would need less corn syrup then? Perhaps I just need to experiment and report back, I am sure they would be a delicious mistake even if they ended up messy.

    ReplyDelete